day 15, bon voyage



The family have boarded and are on their way home, a journey that is long, but not as grueling as the trip to come over. As SB and I were sleeping in and reading their messages, I hoped that eating all of that fruit the night before a long flight wasn't a bad idea. One of the things that I missed most during the years that I lived in the US was tropical fruits. Mangosteen is my favorite fruit while mango is SB's. Right now he is up to his elbows in the annual taste off between Indian, Pakistani and Filipino mangoes. Along with those fruits, we also fed the family custard apples, bayberries, and dragon fruit.

Update: they had a remarkable flight. It was their pilot's final flight before retiring and he was granted a fly by New York City. He landed and was greeted by water trucks. SIL sent pictures. What a spectacular way to say goodbye!










what a fantastic fly over!


the fire brigade welcome for the retiring pilot

Comments