Flower Market



Flower Market Road is located to the South of Mongkok Stadium and near Boundary Street, which was the old demarcation line between Hong Kong and China before the New Territories were annexed. The flower market is close to the bird market and it is worth it to see both. I like the design of Mongkok Stadium and would also recommend catching a football match, or the odd rugby match, there if possible.


You will want to bring cash and your own bags. Some of the bigger stores may accept EPS/credit cards, but it's easier to have easy spending money. You can spend as little as $15 for herbs or $500 for a small tree. The market was very popular for young men who walked by with lovely bouquets for the special someone in their lives. I came with the goal of picking up herbs and left with herbs..and more. The reason that I recommend bringing your own bags is because you likely will leave with more than you planned to buy, and it would be nice to the environment to avoid carrying dozens of small bags for each plant purchase.


































I had to exercise a tiny bit of restraint but in the end, I went home with the planned mint, basil, Thai basil, and rosemary plants. I also picked up two succulents and a tiny air plant in a little terrarium. The house plants flourish at my North facing window, while the herbs live on the roof in shade. 


Comments