unconscionable, inhumane, intolerable

It shouldn't matter what side of the aisle you sit on when issues of human rights are brought to attention, and the support that our president is receiving from most Republican voters is horrific. The majority of my family is Republican and SB leans to the right of center, and they are appalled by what is going on with the separate detention of children. SB tells me that there are many like him but from what I've seen of his party, I don't think so. I am beginning to believe that 49% of the US population is racist, and that the party of "family values" only view family values in terms of "traditional" (white) families. Ivanka Trump, the self styled champion of women and children for the Trump administration is busy fundraising while children are ripped from their parental comfort and caged.


Anyone who has taken AP or beginner college psychology will have heard of the experiments on attachment theory conducted by Harry Harlow. It is in my opinion the single most important lesson in behavioral and early childhood psychology. While of great importance, it was also intensely cruel. Harlow discovered many times over that separating baby Rhesus monkeys from maternal care affected them immensely and irrevocably for the rest of their lives.  He repeated this experiment in many variations and the results were compelling and heartbreaking every time. You can read about his experiments here: https://exploringyourmind.com/harlows-experiments-on-attachment-theory/

I found reading about the experiments to be difficult as a teenager despite how self involved my teenage self was, and now as an adult I can barely tolerate thinking about those poor animals who were subjected to what amounted to mental torture. The idea that anyone could stand behind public policy carrying out such cruelty upon children is almost beyond comprehension. The god that Jeff Sessions and Sarah Sanders are using to justify their horror is not one that I recognize in any religion. I must ask where is their humanity?

I am reminded by my aunt Nine telling me that if anyone were to harm her children, she would wish them dead. All children are our children, our FUTURE, and to those who harm children, I wish them dead.

Comments